The internet is an amazing tool connecting us with an almost unlimited level of content.  Information that can be accessed and shared with anyone, anywhere.  But how much information are we allowed access to?  We think of the internet as this vast reservoir of data, however, only 20% is accessible to the everyday user, and the remaining 80% belongs to the deep web.

Censorship is now encroaching upon the mainstream with announcements from Facebook, Twitter, Google, and others, banning crypto related content, in what is clearly becoming an information war.  Of course, there is undesirable content offered in highly unregulated environments like this, but does the censorship stop there? And what else could be withheld from curious eyes?  Clearly, decentralization is a threat to the controlling system of powerful monopolistic entities, and because information warfare is one of their specialties, it would be easy to deduce the internet as a key target for data control.  Again, the issues surrounding censorship are synonymous with centralized models like the current internet, where one can probably expect a lack of transparency.

Decentralization comes to the rescue again, with its version of a new open source internet.  TRON (TRX) has been an active front runner in this space, creating a decentralized entertainment network and content storage capability for everyone wanting to share news, media, games, or any content, without third party interference.  Bitclave and their search engine desearch, along with Substratum, are also looking to get in on the action with both offering to incentivize everyone who offers their content to build and grow their decentralized internet.  These models have a great amount of potential, as seen with Google, offering an array of different products and services.  Google alone has app stores, books, groups, cloud services, blogs, chat groups, calendars, maps, email, fiber optics, and much more.  Now imagine all these options belonging to a free and unrestricted network that provides uncensored information, and royalties to the people that provide it.  We are waiting in anticipation.